We haven’t been this excited with a release in a long time! Today we are unleashing a new class, the Summoner, and introducing two major dungeon reworks: Deadwater Docks and Sprite World. There is also a new notification system and a Knowledge Base website.
Finally, we have rolled out the biggest anti-bot measures ever in the history of the Realm. This gives us more and better tools to work with in the next couple of weeks to make sure those pesky little buggers don’t bug you again. The bots will not magically disappear but we will keep on working on improving these measures. We feel enthusiastic about them and hope you will also see the difference!
The subtle power sensed across the realm was just the beginning. Winds of change. Some Heroes of the Nexus were expectant over what this whole new ordeal would be about.
Others didn’t wait, though.
Priests and Sorcerers, both reliant on drawing their magical powers from divine or arcane entities, found together a common point. They realized their magic was all about conjuration, and manifestation of powers in reality, much contrary to the ritual-based spells of the Wizards or the dark, forbidden arts of the Necromancers.
So a small portion of them started investing time and effort in this unknown field of magical expertise. They tried evolving the concept of the Sorcerers’ scepter magic as a catalyst. They explored the Priests’ skill of invoking the favor of foreign entities.
And one day, from the efforts of these Heroes, the Summoner class was born.
It soon was the rage across the Nexus: The ability of summoning powerful creatures, some of them enemies of Oryx and willing to fight for the Heroes, others just too strange for our understanding, but still willing to form a solid bond with them and their cause.
And on the designated day where the Nexus mages performed the traditional ritual to curse Oryx into a Chicken (even if just for a short time), the Summoners joined the fight!
The Summoner is the 17th class in the game. She spawns monsters to fight for her and boost her damage output. The class uses wands, robes, rings, and her unique mace ability. The mace ability allows you to spawn and control creatures. Or as we will call them – Summons.
It is designed as a safer class for players who like to think strategically and do high damage. The Summoner relies on good timing and smart placement of her Summons to reach the class’ maximum potential.
The Summoner uses the following gear:
- Weapon: Wand
- Ability: Mace
- Armor: Robe
- Any Accessory or Ring
Unique Ability – Mace
You can have up to 3 Summons at a time. You must click on a valid point on the map (not occupied by solids) to spawn creatures. Summons will move in a few different ways depending on the specific abilities you are using.
The most common one is moving to the point you click with the Summon Control button (by default, the middle mouse button!). This behavior applies to all tiered Maces and some of the UT’s. You can also remap the Summon Control button to any other button.
You can click to order them to move or you can hold the button and they’ll move continuously. Other movement types include static, orbiting the Summoner, following the Summoner or orbiting around the spawn point.
How to Unlock
Summoner is located relatively far in terms of the new player loop: The class unlock requirements are level 20 on Sorcerer and Mystic.
Tiered Maces Showcase
UT Maces Showcase
|Drops from the Beekeeper.||Campaign reward.|
|Drops from the Crystal Prisoner.||Drops from the Son of Arachna, Glowing Eggs, and four Giant Egg Sacs.|
|Possible reward from Shards of the Intern.||Drops from Limon the Sprite Goddess.|
|Drops from the Machine Servers.|
Scientific Summoner Set (ST Set) Showcase
The Scientific Summoner Set brings the power of technology to your hands (and mace) by allowing a very charismatic mace that becomes more powerful with each set piece you wear! To master this set, you will need to hone your timing to make the best use of the B.O.O.M. Explosive!
This summary lists changes for those of you familiar with Summoner from Public Testing.
- General balance adjustments on all maces. Please take a look at the showcase to see their final parameters.
- Fixed B.O.O.M. tooltip visuals.
- Movement of Summons that follow the mouse cursor has been reworked and now have a bit more organic pathfinding.
- Movement of Summons that follow the mouse cursor move a bit slower now.
- The distance at which your Summon teleports back to you has been set at around 12.5 tiles, approximately near the Fog of War radius.
- Fixed some inconsistencies with projectiles emitted from Summons and their interactions with certain obstacles.
- Fixed minor inventory visual glitches for maces.
- Summoner statues for the Vault have been added.
- Mistake items for Summoner and Bard have been added.
- Puppet and Zombie enemy versions of the Summoner have been added.
- Summoner Agent of Oryx ability item has been added to the respective token pool.
- Blueprints for new items in this patch have been added.
- Summoner added to class unlocking progression, requiring level 20 on Sorcerer and Mystic.
We have received several suggestions for alternate control configurations or key binding options. The control scheme in this release will be similar to the one you know from Public Testing, but we’ll be monitoring how players use Summoner and these options will be considered for future releases.
The Sprite World is joining the many other godlands dungeons to be reconstructed in the past several months! The visuals have been completely redone, maintaining yet expanding on the dungeon’s uniquely abstract style (even the background elements are animated!). A variety of custom maps should make dungeon much more interesting to navigate, and enemy variety has been improved and increased.
Limon has of course received a rework as well, now with multiple different phase possibilities to keep her feeling fresh even when grinding many Sprite Worlds in a row. We wanted to make sure Limon (and the whole dungeon) are still very short for maxed characters to not pad out the process of maxing dexterity, while also making it a more balanced and engaging learning experience for fresh level 20 players. We sincerely hope you enjoy this remake!
Deadwater Docks has finally caught up with the Pirate Cave on the reconstruction train! This once bland area is now a gloomy, fully realized pirate colony. Tons of different rooms, extra high enemy variety, environmental hazards, and a majorly upgraded fight against the new pirate king Jon Bilgewater await! As with other reconstructions, we’ve continued to emphasize some degree of environmental storytelling as well to make dungeons like this feel more complete.
Deadwater Docks is also no longer a drop from the Crystal Prisoner, instead coming from a brand new god: the Corsair Crab. He’ll shuffle around with a crab-like side to side movement and try to inflict massive damage with his wave attack, especially if he exposes you.
There is also another crustacean involved with the docks, a giant enemy crab known to the pirates as the “Calamity Crab.” This creature will wander around the entire dungeon in search of players, savagely attacking anyone they find. Both running away and standing your ground are valid options for dealing with this beast, so decide quickly before your grave becomes the latest rave site.
If you’d like to see the Sprite World and Deadwater Docks discussed in more detail, feel free to check out our latest video if you didn’t catch it before!
Other Reconstruction Adjustments
We have made in-depth adjustments to some of the dungeons that already went through a reconstruction.
Crawling Depths Changes:
- Lowered amount of Crawling Spider Hatchling coming from egg sacs
- Lowered HP of Crawling Spider Hatchling, Crawling Grey Spider, Crawling Red Spotted Spider and Crawling Grey Spotted Spider
- Tweaked behaviors of multiple enemies to avoid them cluttering in unreachable spots for too long
- Slightly reduced overall length of the dungeon
- Added a new type of narrow rooms
- Increased the amount of greater spiders and egg sacs per room
- Egg sacs activated by walking nearby now activate other ones within a few tiles. Killing egg sacs will still only activate that specific one.
- Increased the chance of the treasure room spawning
- Added a small chance for 1-5 Glowing Eggs to spawn in a normal room.
- The boss room now no longer contains egg sacs on the outskirts
- Son of Arachna’s web now covers a much bigger area giving players more space to dodge
- The web now have breaks between threads at all time rather than only during the red web phase
- Web spokes shots now have a lower shot speed
- Added a variety of grace periods and telegraphs to Son of Arachna
- Fixed an issue where Son of Arachna would not reverse properly if rotating counter-clockwise in the second phase
- Giant Egg Sacs no longer heal Son of Arachna
- Updated Son of Arachna tiered item distribution, with a higher chance at weapons.
- Sting Spider now drops tiered items as well as a Potion of Wisdom
- Son of Arachna’s web spokes now shows up as white dots on the minimap
- Son of Arachna’s Giant Egg Sacs now show up as their respective colors dots on the minimap
Woodland Labyrinth Changes:
- Lowered minion spawn rate from the boss
- Once the minion cap has been reached, all minions need to be cleared before the boss gets to spawn some more
- Lowered the hard cap of minion spawn per phase
- Improved Micro Megamoth Sentinel behavior to protect the boss less
- Lowered Micro Megamoth Sentinel’s confuse shot speed and increased damage
- Lowered rate of fire and added a longer initial offset to Micro Megamoth Sentinel‘s attack
- Increased charge speed on Micro Megamoth Sentinel
- Added telegraph to Mammoth Megamoth’s jab during its orbit phase
- Lowered fire rate of Mammoth Megamoth’s attack during its orbit phase
- Lowered the average speed of Mammoth Megamoth during its orbit phase
- Added a slight delay before next step of Mammoth Megamoth’s wave phase and center phase
- Added various grace periods to a few attacks that missed it
- Fixed an issue where Murderous Megamoth would blink in and out of invulnerability if all nearby players were invisible
- Increased the size of the green projectile on Murderous Megamoth’s follow attack
- Increased the size of turrets
- Turrets should no longer generate close enough for their shot to reach the boss room
- Megamoth Larva and Murderous Megamoth should no longer be able to leave the boss room or get stuck in the hallway
- Updated sprite of Mecha Squirrel’s acorn grenade to be more visible, it now looks like an iron acorn.
- Minions in the boss room now die alongside the boss’ death
- Updated Murderous Megamoth tiered item distribution, with a higher chance at abilities.
- Great Owl now drops tiered items as well as a Potion of Vitality
New Notification System
With the new notification system, we are moving information usually posted in the chat to a new area, first to be more visible and second to keep the chat for chat related messages.
So now drinking a potion or queuing up for a realm will have a distinct look to it. You may have caught a glimpse of this feature when we introduced the Forge and the recovery of Forgefire as well as unlocking a blueprint.
We thought this is a pretty neat way to reduce clutter in the chat so we expanded on it and moved most of the info messages into the new notifications. And yeah, it now shows new notification types for both player deaths and dungeons opened by keys!
With this update we reworked how the minimap looks as well! Now you can see icons for different NPC’s and interactable entities like your Vault Chest, Gift Chest, and Blacksmith, alongside other visual improvements like other players’ icons and portals.
New lore-related items can now be found in the game, like books! Double-clicking them will allow you to read them (but remember it doesn’t pause the game!).
We plan on giving a little bit more spice to Realm’s rich (but a tad too hidden) lore, and this might be a step towards that. Let us know if you like it!
- Implemented Forest Maze music by WangleLine
- Changed Unity News name from “Latest News” to “Archive”
- Added “Highlighted” section for the top 3 news
- Added a toggle option to turn off buff icons on other players
- Equipping 4 different sets of ST items no longer creates a 16×16 sprite icon set of the ring that the player has equipped.
- Fixed the issue that caused buff icons to overlap
- Fixed error message for attempting to teleport to a cloaked player
- Fixed the issue that caused the ‘Best Server’ option disabling when the user cancelled the ‘Connect to Best Server’ prompt in the same instance
- User is no longer able to moonwalk after de-transformation from removing an item from an equipped ST set
- Remove Member function no longer appears for guild members who are below officer rank
- Chat window no longer opens up when the user presses social keys in the ‘Search input field’ in the Social menu
- User no longer gets two notifications after Mute/Unmute other player instead one
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera center and off-center functions not working for some people
- User no longer gets the quest list in the nexus
- Fixed an issue that caused users to get Friends List error dialog when accessing Friend List/Guild List.
- User no longer gets Oryx messages in the nexus
- The user should get a notification when the user clicks on the ‘Ignore‘ option
- Fixed an issue that caused players on Pet Yard not getting the notification “Stop spamming or you will be kicked”
- Fixed an issue that caused players not getting some notifications.
- Error messages are no longer spammed multiple times
- Consuming blueprints now always generates a notification
- “EH venom” no longer appears instead of the Killer Honey on the death window text when a character dies to it
- Fixed an issue that caused the Notification “You cannot do that again for x seconds” to be shown on unwanted situations.
- The user can no longer remove himself from the guild chronicle at any rank
- Fixed an issue that caused the user list to fail to appear on the screen until the user clicked anywhere on the screen while the social panel was already opened
- Fixed an issue that sometimes created death sounds on an endless cycle when a character died
- Fixed an issue that displayed the “Access token expired” dialog when downloading the build from the launcher
- Oryx’s Dwarf Miner event callout text now appears aligned in chat
- Login credential prompt no longer appears for Steam users
- Player transparency has been improved further
- Added additional camera zoom steps
- And there’s one extra change you’ll have to see for yourself, courtesy of the talented Saturn.
Other Changes and Fixes
Fame and Progression Changes
- Fixed inconsistency of XP bonuses in tiered items
- New batch of blueprints added to the Nexus to be sold for fame
- New packs of blueprints can appear in the shop. These will not be gold-exclusive, as they would also appear as either loot, sold for fame, or obtainable during events.
- Adjusted fame prices of all sold items
- Adjusted fame prices of several purchasables in the game:
- Dyes –> Up by x1.75
- Pet Yard –> Up by x1.75
- Feeding –> Up by x1.75
- Fusing –> Up by x1.75
- Tiered items –> Up by x2 and reduced their Feed Power by x0.75
- Changed Keyper’s dungeon pool for Easter
- Changed Nexus to Hanami theme
- Added Easter tokens to dungeons and encounters
- Increased Golden Rat spawn rate
- Added proper hit/death sounds to Master Rat
- Made Forbidden Jungle a guaranteed drop from Great Coil Snake
- Extended the key blocking system from 188.8.131.52.0 to more places such as the Inner Sanctum and Crystal Cavern spawn locations
- Fixed the cooldown system of procs. This concerns both interactions of proc combinations between items, as well as some specific items such as:
- Wand of Geb
- Divinity (Fixed in 184.108.40.206.0)
- Soulcursed Scythe (Fixed in 220.127.116.11.0)
- Fixed an issue with procs where the cooldown was reset while the proc was not actually granted, like with alien armors and the Hallowed Hide
- Fixed a problem where using the Soulcursed Scythe after taking damage while cloaked would cause the third scythe strike to fire in the opposite direction
- Fixed an edge case where Oryx 3’s messengers would remain stuck in a state until reactivation
- Oryx 3’s messengers now telegraph their attack when they become active again
- You can no longer shoot backwards if you change your skin in the vault and shoot at the same time
The Summoner has also summoned a new website for our Customer Support team. From there you will be able to submit tickets, read FAQ sections for a wide variety of topics and also read general information about the game. It will be updated on a regular basis with everything Realm-related.
You can check it out here: https://support.rotmg.com/hc/en-us
Biff’s Extra is a limited time program that unlocks opportunities to get big treasures. With the purchase of select boxes or packs, players will get one or several Biff’s Extra’s, a mystery item that contains many treasures with potentially very high value. Biff’s Extra doesn’t add to the price of the pack.
If you open one of Biff’s Secrets, please reach out to Customer Support to claim your great treasure. Please keep in mind that if you get Secret Hoard or Backup Stash, it will only be given out at the end of the Extra period.
Biff’s Extra starts today, March 30th, and will end on May 4th. You will be able to claim your treasures until May 17th.
The Biff’s Secrets item only contains the four secrets shown below:
The Biff’s Extra item can contain:
- Biff’s Secrets
- Paramount Ore
- Solar Energy Drink
- Heart-shaped Chocolate Box
- Legendary Mystery Skin
- Epic Mystery Skin
- Epic Mystery Pet Skin
- Legendary Mystery Pet Skin
- Superior Ore
- Mystery ST Chest
- Chocolate Bonbon x3
- Char Slot Unlocker
- Mystery ST Shard x10
- Rare Mystery Skin
- Rare Mystery Pet Skin
- Crystal of Extreme Fortune x20
- Exalted Sulphur
- Chalice of Ambrosia
- Crystal of Fortune x20
- Greater Ore
- Force Nildrop
- Cinder Nildrop
- Blood Nildrop
- Moon Nildrop
- Vault Chest Unlocker
- Paramount Sulphur
- Crystal of Fortune x10
- Crystal of Extreme Fortune x10
- Chocolate Bonbon x1
- Vial of Pure Ambrosia
- Golden Lucky Clover
- Droplet of Ambrosia
- Adventurer’s Belt
- Teal Nildrop
- Hazel Nildrop
- Azure Nildrop
- Crimson Nildrop
- Scarlet Nildrop
- Beryl Nildrop
- Onyx Nildrop
- Amaranth Nildrop
- Legendary Mystery Key
- Superior Sulphur
- Basic Ore
- Lucky Clover
- Loot Tier Potion
- Loot Drop Potion
- Mystery ST Shard x1
- Epic Mystery Key
- Greater Sulphur
- Minor Teal Nildrop
- Minor Hazel Nildrop
- Minor Azure Nildrop
- Minor Crimson Nildrop
- Minor Scarlet Nildrop
- Minor Beryl Nildrop
- Minor Onyx Nildrop
- Minor Amaranth Nildrop
- Crystal of Fortune x1
- Crystal of Extreme Fortune x1
- Basic Sulphur
- Rare Mystery Key