Oryxmania is over and the Month of the Mad God is around the corner. We can already feel the air bubbling with excitement for what’s to come. In the meanwhile, we wanted to implement this Adaptive HP Scaling as we believe it is going to improve the overall game experience. We have also done some adjustments to the dismantling value of STs Forge to achieve a better balance.
Adaptive HP Scaling
With this new release, we have tweaked the Adaptive HP Scaling system; a system where certain bosses would adapt their total HP depending on the number of players present. While the system was an improvement over the linear growth we had in the past, in certain cases (big groups for example) its exponential increase wasn’t to our liking. In other cases, the HP was scaling too slowly.
We have decided to move on to an implementation that allows us to define the HP growth curve on each enemy. This means we are able now to adapt the HP scaling per boss, to any number of players in whatever “curve shape” we want. This means that we can further smooth the HP scaling for battles where, by the nature of the battle, too big or too small groups were at a disadvantage over mid-sized groups.
How does the new HP Scaling system work?
- HP scaling now works like a “tax bracket” system: each additional player beyond the first will add a certain % of the base HP to the monster’s final health.
- This means the first X players might add some amount, but the next Y players might add a different amount.
- These values depend on the difficulty of the dungeon.
- Dungeon Mods that affect the HP of an enemy are applied to the “base” HP which will then be affected by the HP Scaling.
- For example, if you have a +45% HP mod, that will be applied to the base HP of the monster. Then, that new base HP will get a +X%HP from the HP scaling system.
- From the values seen in our last Public Testing, we have further customized the scaling on certain monsters and dungeons, like Oryx’s Sanctuary’s minions and The Shatters, amongst others. This will be an ongoing effort that we will closely monitor.
|Player number #||Difficulty <=2.5||Difficulty <=6||Difficulty >6|
|Player number #||All Difficulty|
- While not all monsters follow this new system, most bosses and minibosses do.
- Realm Encounters do not follow this HP Scaling system either.
- Certain bosses, minions, and other enemies follow a different curve. One of the most relevant is Oryx 3, see the table below:
|Player number #||Oryx the Exalted God “3”|
Starting today, the Resurrected Huntress and Killbilly Warrior Set Tokens will drop in the game.
To celebrate this, we will have a 1.5XP and Loot Event in the Secluded Thicket, Lost Halls, Crystal Caverns and High Tech Terror, go hunt for that loot!
The Resurrected Huntress Set Token drops in:
- Crystal Cave
- High Tech Terror
- Lost Halls
The Killbilly Warrior Set Token drops in:
- Crystal Cave
- Lost Halls
- Secluded Thicket
ST Forge adjustments
- For balance reasons, we have decided to decrease the dismantling value of some specific ST items which are tradeable. The following items will now provide less Mythical material.
- Shendyt of Geb
- Geb’s Ring of Wisdom
- Book of Geb
- Wand of Geb
- Soulless Robe
- Ring of the Covetous Heart
- Soul of the Bearer
- The Phylactery
- Fixed a visual problem in the tooltip of some Blueprints.
- Fixed a visual issue in The Shatters where a banner in the Alchemy room was not displaying properly under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a dungeon mod problem with elementals in Mountain Temple boss fight, where they received minion effects instead of the boss’. They also now grant the correct amount of XP.
- Fixed visual problems with the “Treasure Found!” Dungeon Mod in Deadwater Docks and other dungeons.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player not to be instantly removed from the guild if they were removed from another server.
- Oryxmania pet skins stopped dropping.