Hello, shiny Realmers,
In this update, we reshaped the Star Ranks, re-decorated the Nexus, and fixed a few bugs.
If you got curious and want to know more, here are the changes that affect the game:
For those of you who have seen and tried the new Star Ranks, we would like you to know that we gathered your feedback and it’s being taken into consideration. Yes, the Class quests are changing. As we mentioned before, we keep reviewing and adjusting the Fame values. Due to the new way of acquiring Fame, Star Ranks got to a point where they were much easier to acquire and thus much less representative of the player’s mastery of the different classes.
We want to change that. We want to make Star Ranks somewhat more aligned with your mastery over a class, and we decided to introduce some important variations to how Class Quests are unlocked:
- Now it is unlocked based on the Base Fame (the Fame you obtain while you are alive with a single character, without Fame Bonuses). This means you need to be alive and acquire a big enough amount of Fame (Bonuses not counted) on a single character to unlock the Class Quests stars.
- Also, we increased the costs and reviewed them with the current base fame growth rate we observe from our data.
Overall, these are the new Base Fame costs of each Class Quest star. These are the same for all Classes:
|Class Quest Star||Before (Total Fame)||Now (Base Fame)|
These changes will be retroactive, which means that players who don’t meet the criteria might be readjusted to a lower Star Rank. Now, acquiring a White Star will be a bit more challenging and an impressive feat!
- Fame Bonuses tweaks:
- Beachzone now correctly counts completions
- Heroic Abyss of Demons and Heroic Undead Lair no longer have Fame Bonus associated.
- “Seasons’ Beatin” and “Realm of the Mad God” Fame Bonuses now require Beachzone but not Heroic Abyss of Demons nor Heroic Undead Lair.
- Fame gain per minutes
- Until now, players would earn a little bit of Fame accounting for the time you are “active”.
- However the amount earned by this method was irrelevant and even confusing. So we have decided to deprecate this mechanic.
- While the stats will still be tracked by the system, no Fame will be gained with time.
- XP-to-Fame conversion
- We have decided to simplify and deprecate the old Fame conversion formula.
- Now it will be done in two phases instead of the previous 5.
- Phase 1: Up to 18050 XP (Total XP to reach LVL 20)
- Fame is worth ~1:900 XP (x0.00111)
- Phase 2: For above 18050 XP
- Fame is worth 1:2000 XP (x0.0005)
- In short, this means that every 2000 XP you get with your character (assuming LVL 20) you will gain 1 Fame.
Story Of War VI
Paladin Set Credits:
Special thanks: Aurum, Moonshoot, Seelpit
Trickster Set Credits:
Design: Moonshoot, Aurum
Art: Aurum, Maelstrom
Special thanks: Deplington, Seelpit
The ones beyond the realm’s eyes, the Daeva, have been witnessed for the first time in generations. As reticent as ever, their exact goals are unclear. But there is no doubt that they would not reveal themselves if not for sensing some great disruption in the order of the realm.
That disruption is surely related to a more unnerving sight in recent days: Corrupted paladins, wholly subject to the whims of the lingering evil the realm’s heroes know all too well. These twisted entities have rejected the holy nature of paladins and embraced a far more malicious force. Powerful, yes, but such strength never comes without consequence.
Today we are excited to bring you the bonus program “Story of War VI.” We are sure most of you are already familiar with how these go, but we will explain it anyway:
The bonus program is a time-limited event that can be accessed in the Shop. It allows players to collect Bonus Points with gold they spend in the Shop (or by directly boosting it via the Boost button) and claim Bonus Rewards. You can collect BP by purchasing Mystery Boxes, Packages, and Items in the Nexus and Cloth Bazar areas with Realm gold.
Please note that slot unlockers and name changing do not count for the bonus program. Fame purchases do not count, either.
Avarice Medallions will have an option to reward the Mini Skin, and in two neat quests at the Tinkerer, you’ll be able to swap a duplicate mini skin for a new Mystery ST Crate of the same class.
More details below:
- Start: June 29th, 2021
- End: July 15th, 2021 at 12:00 PM UTC
- Grace Period: till July 19th, 2021 at 12:00 PM UTC
- Quests at the Tinkerer: till July 19th, 2021 at 12:00 PM UTC
|Ranks||Bonus reward||Total Points||Tier Points|
|1||1 x War STory Chest||1200||1200|
|2||1 x War STory Chest||2400||1200|
|3||1 x War STory Chest||3600||1200|
|4||1 x War STory Chest||4800||1200|
|5||1 x War STory Chest||6200||1400|
|6||1 x War STory Chest||7600||1400|
|7||2 x War STory Chest||9000||1400|
|8||1 x Avarice Medallion||10600||1600|
|9||1 x War STory Chest||13600||3000|
|10||3 x War STory Chest||16600||3000|
|11||3 x War STory Chest||20800||4200|
|12||2 x War STory Chest + 1 x Avarice Medallion||26000||5200|
|13||4 x War STory Chest||32600||6600|
|14||3 x War STory Chest||36200||3600|
|15||2 x War STory Chest + 1 x Avarice Medallion||41600||5400|
|16||6 x War STory Chest||48600||7000|
|17||2 x War STory Chest + 1 x Avarice Medallion||53100||4500|
|18||5 x War STory Chest + 1 x Avarice Medallion||62000||8900|
|19||Corrupted Paladin Set + Mini Skin||72500||10500|
|20||Daeva Fighter Trickster Set + Mini Skin||83000||10500|
- Added Summer decorations to the Nexus
- Fixed a grammatical error in the Infernal Archdragon tooltip
- Notifications listed in the Log list no longer appear overlapped with messages pop-ups in the chat console
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to lag and skip a few frames when a user clicked the log list.
- Fixed the issue that caused the Whisper function to not work properly.
- Fixed the issue where equipping ‘Entropy Reactor’ temporarily increases the attack fame bonus along with attack stats. Now after equipping the item, the user gets increased attack stats only and no attack fame bonus
- The stats are now sorted in a way to achieve consistency across all equipment.
There is an error with the Trickster ST Ring name on the ST crate description. It’s written Regalia of Justice, but the actual name is Flames of Genesis.