This week the open testing is LOADED with new stuff that you can try out for the first time. Not sure what we mean by LOADED? This is what you can expect:
- Fix for the Kensei disconnections
- The Shatters speedup
- Mountain Temple Rework
- Lair of Draconis Rework
- Fiery Kensei Set
- Bow Rework
- Katana Rework
- Item rebalance
- Favorite pet functionality added
Please note that you’ll need to download the Testing Launcher so that you can join this session. Also, as usual, your regular production account won’t work here. If you don’t have one already, you’ll need to create a Testing one. And don’t forget to remove it when you are finished testing. Doing so will avoid issues with the actual production launcher when we update the game.
The Shatters Speedup
We have decided to alter The Shatters to cut down on the time needed to complete it. We have done that trying to keep the essence of the dungeon, but focusing on the Castle section, which was the part that received the most feedback and also what our data indicated could benefit the most from a completion time reduction. We also wanted to improve the Dungeon’s balance towards solo players. Overall, we aimed for Shatters to have a very significant speed up thanks to these changes, which we detail here:
- Payload waypoints in each wing cut from 7 to 4.
- Payload speed increased and player detection distance increased
- Waypoint health and scaling reduced
- Enemy density in castle reduced
- Archmage can now take 15% of its max health per stagger, up from 12.5% (Should take fewer bird phases to complete with high enough DPS)
- Slightly reduced invulnerability times in the Archmage fight
- Tendril armor pierce shots during King’s Desperation Move lowered to 45 damage
- Desperation Move Shade purple shots lowered to 70 damage, red shots lowered to 100
This QoL change will allow you to mark a pet as “favorite” by clicking on the little icon next to its name in the Pet Menu (go to Pet Yard and talk to the Yard Caretaker).
A “favorited” pet will auto-follow your character when you create a new character.
Mountain Temple & Lair of Draconis Rework
We welcome you to try the new and improved versions of Mountain Temple and Lair of Draconis! Both dungeons have been based on the existing content, but have had some art tweaks and many QoL enhancements. All LoD fights and the general flow of the dungeon have been altered to be more time-efficient, decreasing idle times and fixing several bugs in the fights that disrupted the flow of the battle.
In the case of Mountain Temple, besides a general revision of minion design including more QoL changes, the Daichi boss fight has been completely reworked from scratch; so we also hope you will find the changes interesting and more adequate to modern Realm’s standards.
We hope you give them a try and let us know what you think!
Fiery Kensei Set
In accordance with our vision for Bow rework, we have decided to alter fundamentally how bows work. Tiered Bows now will shoot a central, powerful shot (“Main” in the table); alongside two side arrows (“Side” in the table) which can armor pierce. Non-tiered Bows have also received balancing changes.
Changes to Tiered Bows:
|Tier||Main Min||Main Max||Avg Damage||Side Min||Side Max||Side Avg|
Changes to UT Bows
|Coral Bow||70||90||80||2||1.25||arc gap decreased to 9|
|Bow of the Void||175||250||212.5||1||1.05|
|Warmonger||95||110||102.5||2||1.2||Dex proc -10|
Changes to ST Bows
We are also changing Katanas to be more in line with our vision for them.
DPS is measured at 0 defense with 75 ATT/50 Dex
Changes to Tiered Katanas
|Tier||Name||Damage||Avg||Shots||Rate of Fire||DPS||% buff|
|4||Line Kutter Katana||60-95||77.5||1||1||904.1666667||6.45%|
|9||Jewel Eye Katana||105-170||137.5||1||1||1604.166667||5.45%|
Changes to UT Katanas
|UT||Doku No ken||125-155||140||1||1.2||1960||3.57%|
|UT||Blade of the Asssailiant||125-180||152.25||1||1.25||2220.3125||4.00%|
Changes to ST Katanas
|ST||Saif of the Deep||65-80||72.5||4||0.7||2368.333333||3.45%|
- Chains do armor piercing damage.
Penetrating Blast Spell :
- Projectile count reduced to 6, damage increased, shots now circle their spawn location really fast. Projectiles pass cover.
- 60-90 damage – > 300-400 damage
Tome of Holy Furor
- Mp cost reduced to 110
- arc gap reduced to 6; 4.76 true range
- Range buffed to 4.75
- Arc gap removed
- Amplitude 0.3 -> 0.5
- Frequency 1.7 -> 1
- Mp drain reduced to 20 mp/s.
- Num shots reduced to 3
Helm of the Swift Bunny:
- Removed CD
Jade Storm Spell
- Mp cost reduced to 125
Every T14 Weapon:
- Fame bonus for weapons now starts at T7, meaning t14 now has an 8% fame bonus.
Shadow Serpent Sidearm
- + 50 HP, +5 Vit
Pirate King’s Cutlass :
- Removed def down
- Energized instead of invisible
- Damage buffed to 600-900
Fire Dragon Battle Armor + Eggre Battle Armor
- DoT increased to 1000 from 500.
- HP/MP reduced by 10, def reduced by 1 (60/60/4/4 -> 50/50/3/4)
Candy Coated Armor:
- Dex reduction is now only 5 instead of 10.
- Def increased to 13 from 10.
- Made shot pattern less annoying
- Min damage increased by 5
- Cooldown reduced to 3 seconds from 6 seconds.
- Decreased DoT time to three seconds from 4 seconds on both impacts.
- Increased outer impact range to 5 from 4.
- Increased inner impact range to 2.5 from 2
- Tossed to cursor instead of spawned on the player.
Shrieking / Spinal quiver
- Reduced MP cost to 90.
Seal of Cubic Conundra
- +50 hp + 3def on equip(initially had no bonus stats)
- +15 def on equip (13 ->15)
- Min damage buffed by 25
- Activate now shoots the kunai as well
- Proc cooldown: 2 -> 4
- Damage: 550 -> 350
- Armor pierce added
Demon blade / Sword of Illumination
- Arc gap 40 -> 25
- Damage: 150 -> 120
- Damage per wis: 4 -> 10
- Base Targets: 5 -> 4
- Wis per target: 10 -> 5
Cloak of Refraction
- Decoy duration: 2.5 -> 4
- Cloak duration: 5.5 -> 4
- Now spawns 2 summons that orbit the decoy shooting shots that deal 200-300 damage every 0.2 seconds
- Damage: 650 -> 700
- Mana cost: 105 -> 100
- Decoy size reduced slightly
- Initial grenade throw time reduced: 1.2 -> 0.8
- (clusters still take as long to land)
Spider eye ring
- Proc chance: 5% -> 100%
- Wis replaced with Def
Spirit / Foramite Staff
- Damage: 30-70 -> 35 -75
- Fire rate: 1.65 -> 1.6
- Amplitude: 0.8 -> 0.7
- Proc threshold: 75hp -> 20% hp
Soul of the Bearer / Orb of Sabbath
- Removed CD
Virtuous Wakizashi (T7)
- Nerf min damage by 100
Mantle of Monarchy
- Gives 10 def for 5 seconds offshoot while incombat, cooldown
Cloak of Cubic Enigma
- Added new animation for the minion
- Amplitude reduced to .55
- Dex proc -15 -> -10
- Arc gap 10 -> 9
- Time to explode 1.4 – > 0.8
- Damage 900-850 -> 750 – 800
- Range 3.5 -> 3.0
- Att proc -15 -> -10
- Projectile speed 16.5 -> 19.4